46 Reasons To Drop Everything And Travel The World
Pack up and go.
ThinkStock/ Tim Graham Getty Images/ Gaye Gerard Getty Images/ BuzzFeed
1. Because a full passport is a happy passport.
2. And being a tourist is actually pretty awesome.
3. What’s better than a mission to see and experience everything that makes the world exciting?
4. After all, there’s only one cure for wanderlust.
5. Packing up and moving for a whole new life abroad is one of the bravest things you can do.
6. And working to fit into a new culture gives you an open mind and keeps you on your toes.
7. Who knows what great and unexpected things you’ll be introduced to?
8. Travel makes you a well-rounded person in all kinds of ways.
9. Planning for your trip requires you to be creative and organised.
10. The transport side of travel teaches you to be patient and flexible.
11. And reaching your destination encourages you to be spontaneous and adventurous.
12. It feels really amazing to leave your footprints in areas of the world you never expected to stand.
13. And seeing the sunset in a new place may just blow your mind.
14. Pretty much every part of the world has a different signature alcohol to try.
15. You owe your taste-buds exposure to a brand new and authentic range of flavours.
16. Even familiar foods taste different when grown, raised, and produced in different place, and it’s cool to try!
17. You’ll see different animals in the wild everywhere you go.
18. And smell different flowers.
19. And experience different natural phenomena.
20. You’ll pick up more practical math skills than you ever thought possible – money, measurement, and time conversion will keep your brain sharp.
21. Being in a new place can challenge everything you know about yourself.
22. You’ll learn new ways to communicate, and find unexpected ways to bond.
23. You’ll have the best stories to tell.
24. And the most amazing memories for yourself.
25. Because you’ll meet people who change your life.
26. You’ll have an excuse to send postcards and hand-written letters.
27. You’ll probably learn to celebrate some new holidays, or at least some old ones in some new ways.
28. Souvenirs make the best Christmas gifts.
29. And who doesn’t love to show off their exotic cooking skills back home?
30. You’ll be proud to share your knowledge and experience with others.
31. And finding a travel experience in common with a new friend can bond you for life.
32. You’ll develop all kinds of unexpectedly wonderful friendships through travel.
33. You’ll probably be exhausted, lost, and lonely sometimes.
34. And you’ll have to learn how to be okay with not being okay.
35. Going home will mean so much more to you than it ever did before.
36. But there’s always a new place to go.
37. And favourite spots to revisit.
38. Because why live in the world if you can’t get to know as much of it as you can?
39. A change of place offers a change of perspective.
40. And a change of perspective can change your life.
41. You’ll never know how awe-inspiring a place can really be until you’ve seen it with your own eyes.
42. And you’ll never know what the experience of travelling or moving abroad is until you’ve done it.
43. Because some experiences are just flat out worth the trip.
44. And because what else are you going to do with your time, work and catch up on X Factor?
45. You’ve got feet to walk and eyes to see, and you’d waste them if they walked the same streets and saw the same things forever.
46. Sometimes you have to travel the world to find home.